WAEC records 54.59% pass in May/June 2018 results

A 54.59% credit pass in a minimum of five subjects including English without Mathematics was recorded in the recently concluded May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).

They are from a total of One Million, Five Hundred and Seventy Eight Thousand, Eight Hundred and Forty Six (1,578,846) candidates who registered for the examination conducted by West African Examinations Council (WAEC).

The Head of the Nigeria National Office of WAEC, Olu Adenipekun disclosed this at a press briefing heralding the release of the Second Series of WASSCE 2018 in Ogba, Lagos on Wednesday.

He said that only 93.51% of results have been released while the remaining 6.49% were still being processed.

Olu Adenipekun, WAEC Nigeria Head of National Office

“Out of the total of candidates that sat for the examination in Nigeria, One Million, Four Hundred and Seventy Thousand, Three Hundred and Thirty Eight (1,470,338) candidates, representing 93.51% have their results fully processed and released while One Hundred and Two Thousand and Fifty Eight (102,058) candidates representing 6.49% have a few of their subjects still being processed due to errors traceable to the candidates in the course of registration or writing the examination.

ALSO READ:  300 Lagos science teachers trained in instructional material usage

“Such errors are being corrected by the Council to enable the affected candidates get their results fully processed and released subsequently,” he said.

A further breakdown of candidates’ performance shows that 76.84% of candidates obtained credit and above in a minimum of any five subjects with or without English language and/or Mathematics.

However, 49.98% of the candidates had credits and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.

Mr Adenipekun said this figure represents 389,655 males candidates and 396,361 females constituting 47.32% and 54.92% respectively.

He directed that candidates visit the WAEC results website accessible at www.waecdirect.org to view their results. They would be needing their Result Checker PIN Code and Serial number contained on their Smart Identity Cards to do so.

The results would be accessible only to “candidates who sat the examination and who have fulfilled their financial obligations to the Council.”

EduCeleb.com recalls that the WASSCE for School Candidates took place in the five member nations of WAEC between 27th March and 1st June, 2018, though the examination ended in Nigeria on 15th May.

News Reporter
Abdussalam is dedicated to learning new things. He has proven competence in journalism, teaching, and writing. Chat with him on WhatsApp.

3 thoughts on “WAEC records 54.59% pass in May/June 2018 results

  1. Pls the portal is leading me to no result for the candidate at the specified year and exam diet ,pls how can I go about this sir I am fed up.
    Thank u

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Secured By miniOrange