EduCeleb. com is an education website. We publish news stories, guides and opportunities for the benefit of our ever growing audience interested in the education sector in Nigeria. We get in touch with relevant thought leaders and brands contributing to the education sector to bring you accurate and reliable information at all times.
We are looking for energetic and motivated education writers to complement our existing editorial programmes to expand the scope, depth And diversity of our coverage of the diverse segments of the Nigerian education Industry, To Fill The Position Of
Job Title: Associate Editor
- You will be assisting the Editors and your colleagues on the Editorial Team with other social editorial projects as they may arise;
- You will assist with the maintenance of official EduCeleb.com social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, among others;
- Photography editing skills could also be an advantage.
- Persons without necessary computer skills need not apply.
- Writers who wish to work part-time may also apply.
- Experience researching and writing on education and allied stories cutting across all human endeavour;
- You will be helping to engage readers in comments sections on-site and other platforms;
- Helping to engage readers on social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, among others;
- Assisting with co-ordination of and social interaction during live editorial events online and in real life – live chats, panel discussions, among others;
- Ability to work from anywhere.
- Proficiency in the major indigenous language(s) of your location is an added advantage
- You are the one we want if you have the education, work or practical experience in journalism, particularly the online genre; are quite adept at multi-tasking and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- You must be keenly committed to accuracy in your reporting on all our platforms; have strong writing skills; actively incorporate social media in all aspects of your work as a writer and are extremely enthusiastic about education innovation, education personalities startups, education trends and education newsmakers.
- Liaise with news reporters within the education sector, where necessary
- Grant high profile interviews with thought leaders in the education sector
- Work with the news editor towards the protection of the image of EduCeleb.com
Job Title: Freelance Journalists
Abia, Abuja, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue , Borno, Cross River, Delta , Edo , Enugu, Imo , Jigawa, Kaduna , Kano , Katsina , Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara , Lagos , Niger, Nassarawa, Ondo, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers , Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, and Zamfara
- You must be a computer literate with flair journalistic writing and fair knowledge of WordPress. Constant access to internet is vital.
- You will have good local contacts. Ability to work under pressure and react to breaking news is essential.
- You must be a self-starter, with a strong ability to work independently.
- You must be familiar with posting on social media platforms and engaging the audience.
- An excellent knowledge of local and international news, and current affairs as they affect the education sector is important.
- You will have knowledge of and recent experience in studying/working within the state, including a good understanding of the complexities of education in Nigeria.
- You don’t have to be a graduate to apply. Students in tertiary institutions are encouraged to apply.
- Provide timely, creative, expert and authoritative news and non-news coverage and analysis of events that are of relevance to the content on EduCeleb.com.
- Ability to source multimedia content, primarily for the EduCeleb website.
- Act as a contact point and alert EduCeleb.com editors to breaking news in your locality and be ready to file accurate, immediate on the spot reports.
- Be prepared to check and advise against coverage when news agencies or other organisations’ reports are unreliable.
- Build and maintain an extensive contacts network of academics, politicians, journalists, ordinary people etc. To help provide contact numbers, interviewees, set up guests, and provide other programme material to EduCeleb.
- Offer and develop original story ideas and come up with creative digital story treatments primarily for EduCeleb.com.
- Share contents through various social media platforms.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and not less than three recent sample writeups with website links (where available) to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
31st December, 2017.