The Turkish Government opens application for the Türkiye Scholarships for International Students from any country to study for Bachelors, Master’s and Doctorate degrees.
Turkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and programme among their preferences specified in the online application form. Candidates can apply only one scholarship programme in accordance with their educational background and academic goals.
Angola, Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, South Africa, South Korea, Kenya, Colombia, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Singapore, Chile, Thailand, Uganda, Uruguay, New Zealand, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Eligible Field of Study
Courses offered at Turkish Universities at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels
The Scholarship Covers:
- Monthly stipend (600 TL for undergraduate, 850 TL for master and 1.200 TL for PhD )
- Full tuition fee
- 1-year Turkish language course
- Free accommodation
- Round-trip air ticket
- Health insurance
To be eligible for Turkiye scholarship, applicants must;
- be a citizen of a country other than Turkey (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship before cannot apply)
- Candidates must not be older than 21 years of age for undergraduate degree
- not be a registered student in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying.
- be a bachelor’s or master’s degree holder by 30th of July 2017 at the latest
- born no earlier than 01.01.1988 for master’s programmes,
- born no earlier than 01.01.1983 for doctorate programmes,
- have at least 75 % cumulative grade point average or diploma grade over their maximum graduation grade or have at least 75 % success in any accepted national or international graduate admissions test.
- be in good health
- Online application
- A copy of a bachelor or master’s diploma or document indicating that the candidate is bachelor or master’s senior student
- A certified bachelor and/or master’s transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate)
- A copy of a valid ID card (passport, national ID, birth certificate etc.)
- Passport photo
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of study
Guides for Applicants
Applications can only be made through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr . Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
30th November 2017
Most programmes in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programmes in English, French or Arabic. The candidates who want to study in these languages need to have an internationally recognized certificate to prove their language proficiency.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details