The University of Hamburg is proud to announce a structured PhD programme in Legal Studies and awards scholarships. The university accepts applications from students all the world.
It provides excellent learning opportunities for PhD candidates who are keen to pursue ambitious projects in an excellent and interdisciplinary research environment.
As the largest research and training institution in Northern Germany and one of the largest universities in Germany, the University of Hamburg unites a wide range of courses with excellent research. It offers a wide range of subjects with numerous interdisciplinary focuses and has a far-reaching cooperation network with top-level institutions at regional, national and international level.
Scholarships are awarded to graduates from students both legal studies and other disciplines who are keen to produce ambitious doctoral work in an excellent research environment.
The Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law awards scholarships of € 1,050 per month towards living expenses. An addition € 100 per month is granted for research costs.
Guides for Applicants
A complete application comprises all of the following documents (and must be submitted in one pdf-file in the below-given order ):
- application form
- research proposal (up to four pages)
- personal statement about why you are applying to the Albrecht Mendelssohn-Bartholdy Graduate School
- tabular curriculum vitae
- index of all publications to date (optional)
- two recommendations from professors attesting to suitability for doctoral work
- Language certificates (German or English): Non-native speakers who write their dissertation in German or English must prove their language skills by submitting relevant certificates. German: TestDaF or DSH; English: certificate proving C1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This requires test scores of at least 100 in the TOEFL ibT / 6.5 in the IELTS / 945 in TOEIC. The TOEFL DI Code is 2258.
- Application is to be done online
31st January, 2018
Visit the scholarship link