A lecturer in the Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic, Eruwa, Ayomipo Jolaoso, has alleged that the institution was sanctioning the falsification results.
The allegation, which specifically was against the institution’s Public Administration Department, is contained in a petition reported by Oyo Insight.
Jolaoso, who claimed he was a part-time lecturer between 2015 and 2018 when he resigned his appointment, stated that because he was still being owed the sum of N75,000 by the institution, he had kept results of courses taught by him.
His petition appealed that his arrears be paid just as it called for investigation into the allegations of false results issued to students during the period.
Below is the full petition.
4, Rockview Road,
2nd March, 2021.
The Honourable Commissioner,
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
1 MAR 2021
REPORT ON FALSIFICATION OF RESULT BY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC
ADMINISTRATION OF THE ADESEUN OGUNDOYIN POLYTECHNIC, ERUWA.
I write to formally report the falsification of results of graduating students of 2018/2019 academic session perprated by the coordinator/ HOD of Department of Public Administration in person of Mr. Bola Odugbemi in conjunction with the Dean, Faculty of Communication and Management Studies – Mr. Oladeji A. O.
My allegation is based on the following grounds
(1) That my name is Jolaoso, Ayomipo Opeyemi.
(2) That I was a part time lecturer in the Department of Public Administration between 2015 and September, 2020 that I resigned my appointment from the School.
(3) That for the months of April, May, June, July and August, 2020, the school was paying its part-time staff half salary without notice.
(4) That, the school is owing me the sum of N75,000 being the balance of the half salary paid for the stated 5 months.
(5) That I taught seven (7) courses during second semester of 2018/2019 academic session.
(6) That the results of the courses taught by me are still with me till the time of writing this petition.
(7) That I give the condition that the amount owed me MUST be paid before releasing the results with me.
(8) That I have copies of the score sheets issued for the recording of scores intact with me till date. That the marked scripts of the students are intact with me till date.
(9) Sir, the question now is, how does the department come about the notification of result being issued to the graduating students of 2018/2019 session?
The department has minimum requirement which must be met by students before graduating. I make bold to say that without computing the results from me, NO student can meet the Board of studies (BOS) approved graduation requirement of Public Administration Department.
Sir, it will interest you to note that the issue of my refusal to submit the results came up at one of the Governing Councils meetings and it was decided that I be paid so that the results could be released. The resolution is contained on Minute Number 252:02 and a copy is attached for your perusal.
(1) I would urge you to use your good offices to investigate the grave allegation thoroughly and perpetrators made to face the music.
(2) I urge you to see to the payment of the arrears owed me.
(3) I would make the results available as soon as my arrears are paid.
(4) I urge you to instruct the school management to STOP the issuance of the FAKE results being issued and also WITHDRAW the ones that have been issued with immediate effect.
(5) Urge that the results with me be computed before notification of results can be issued out to the affected students.
Attached to this petition are as follows:
(a) Copies of unrecorded score sheets issued to me.
(b) Photocopies of marked scripts
(c) Copy of FAKE notification of result issued to one of the graduating students,
(d) Copy of a letter written by me to platinum I.T Assets limited where complained that the school management still presented my name for salary payment after my resignation and once the approval is gotten, the money is being used to pay one of the cronies of the Acting Rector who was sacked from the service of the Polytechnic, Ibadan years back for corrupt practice only to be employed illegally by Mr. Peter Adejumo as a part time lecturer in the Department where he was sacked.
(e) Copy of minute 252:02 of the Governing Council.
In conclusion, I trust in your ability to investigate this allegation thoroughly and efficiently Sir. This is a serious academic fraud that must not be swept under the carpet. I pledge to make myself available for further briefings if desired. National Board for Technical Educational (NBTE) abhors situations like this and I want to restrain myself from reporting to the Board for now since your good self is capable of handling the situation effectively and efficiently.
I look forward to hearing from you soonest sir.
Thank you and God bless.
Jolaoso, Ayomipo Opeyemi
OFFICE OF THE
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
11 MAR 2021
OYO STATE, IBADAN NIGERIA
Director, Higher Education
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Secretariat, Ibadan.For information on Press Releases, Photos, Promotional Events and Adverts, Please Call or Send a Text to 09052129258, 08124662170 or send an email to: email@example.com