As the protests against the now defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) persists, Oyo and Ondo State governments have directed the closure of schools.
The duo of Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo and Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo issued the directive on Tuesday.
They said the proposed closure of all schools in the states was till the end of the week.
This development is not unconnected to cases of othugs and hoodlums said to have taken advantage of the #EndSARS protests to perpetrate uncivil acts and harass citizens who are going about their day-to-day activities.
In the meantime, Makinde said members of the state Joint Security Task Force, known as Operation Burst, had been deployed to various hotspots in Ibadan to arrest the situation and restore normalcy.
Earlier on Monday, the Lagos State government had given a similar directive considering the safety of school children.
Various state governments have also proceeded to impose curfews thereby restricting movement around.For information on Press Releases, Photos, Promotional Events and Adverts, Please Call or Send a Text to 09052129258, 08124662170 or send an email to: email@example.com