The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
D-Prize funds new entrepreneurs who increase access to proven poverty interventions. D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. We do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant
GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
We will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
- You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur. You are ready to launch your new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. We do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
The D-Prize judging panel is composed of individuals with professional experience distributing life-changing technologies in the developing world.
Contestants are evaluated based on:
- Passion and potential for candidate’s success, as evident by their academic and professional background, relevant skills, and quick leadership trajectory.
Focus on distribution. Proposals must focus on distributing a proven poverty solution that needs greater access in the developing world.
Potential for scale, based on the organizational model proposed in the concept note and the entrepreneur’s desire to commit and grow.
Guides for Applicants
It is important to read the application instructions on the programme webpage before applying.
Final decisions expected by December.
- Early decision round: 2nd April, 2018 at midnight PT (Pacific Time)
- Regular submission deadline: 23rd April, 2018 at midnight PT
- Extension deadline (limited to 200 people who register): 14th May, 2018
Visit the D-Prize website for more information.For information on Press Releases, Photos, Promotional Events and Adverts, Please Call or Send a Text to 09052129258, 08124662170 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org