Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian secondary school students (JSS3 and SSS2) for the 2018/2019 Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition.
This competition is sponsored by your favorite brand, Cowbell – Our Milk. It is approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and endorsed by National Examination Council (NECO).
In the last 19 years, Cowbell has been involved in the sponsorship of Mathematics competition for Secondary Schools in Nigeria to identify, recognize and reward excellence in the subject area of Mathematics.
Objectives of the Cowbell Mathematics Competition
- To awaken the consciousness and interest in mathematics
- among Junior and Senior secondary school students in Nigeria.
- To improve students’ performance in Mathematics Pan Nigeria.
- To create a credible platform for identifying outstanding students and encouraging excellence in Mathematics.
- To provide a creditable platform that will reward excellence in the subject area of Mathematics
In the last 18 years, Cowbell has been involved in the sponsorship of Mathematics competition in Secondary Schools in Nigeria. Our objectives have remained the same over these years, as we believe in the total development of the Nigerian Child.
Over the years, this platform for both Junior and Senior Secondary categories has evolved from the humble beginning of Lagos state only examination to a nationwide examination that has received the support of the Federal Ministry of Education.
There are prizes for Candidates and Teachers both at the State and National levels and the schools. Apart from cash prizes, the National Winners will be sponsored to an all-expense paid vacation.
Cowbell mathematics competition prizes for Students
1st Prize: =N=1,000,000 for each of the category
2nd Prize: =N=750,000 for each of the category
3rd Prize: =N=500,000 for each of the category
Cowbell mathematics competition 2018 prizes for Teachers
1st Prize for winner’s teachers: =N=400,000 for each of the category
2nd Prize for winner’s teacher: =N=300,000 for each of the category
3rd Prize: =N=200,000 for each of the category
Winning schools will be rewarded with new computers and printers.
Stages involved in the Cowbell Mathematics Competition
The competition is in two stages:
1. Stage 1: Qualifying Written Examination
2. Stage 2: TV Quiz Show
All these are geared towards nourishing the dreams of Nigerian children by providing a platform that recognizes and rewards excellence in Mathematics in addition to the quality nutrition that is provided by the Cowbell brand for the nourishment of the Nigerian populace especially children.
Stage 1 – Qualifying Written Examination: The Mathematics Competition is open to students from 10 – 18 years of age attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria. Entry into this competition is FREE.
Each School is required to present their BEST Ten (10) students in Mathematics (five from JSS3 and five from SSS2), irrespective of sex, religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the next stage of the competition.
To encourage Girl Child Education, we are making a humble appeal that Mixed Schools to nominate minimum two (2) girls for each category to represent such school.
Second Stage of Cowbell Competition Reloaded: The mechanics of Second Stage has been refreshed to include an exciting quiz segment. 54 Students from junior and senior category will qualify for the Second Stage reloaded. The top 20 students from around the country and representatives from 33 states of the federation and the FCT.
Recap of Stage 2: Stage Final examination is in TV Quiz format and is into stages: Preliminary, Semi-Final and Finals.
Other activities under Cowbellpedia include:
Cowbellpedia Radio Programme: a 5 minute interactive radio Mathematics programme on major stations pan Nigeria
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Mobile App: This can be downloaded on Google Play Store and Apple Store. With this App, students can test and sharpen their knowledge on the subject area of Mathematics.
Guides for Applicants
1. Go to cowbellpedia.ng
2. Click on link to register your school
3. Fill the form and submit. Ensure to fill all required fields.
4. An email will be sent to the School and Primary contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
5. Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. Both email addresses must be verified before you can login.
6. Once both emails are verified, login to the portal using the school email and password used to register.
7. On successful login, you click on the Add Candidates under Candidate Management.
8. Fill in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate’s picture and click the Save Draft button.
9. You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If you school is a mixed school, at least 2 of the candidates must be female or you won’t be able to complete the registration.
10. After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior) button will be shown on the page to “Register junior/senior candidates”. Click the button to complete the registration of candidates for that category.
11. A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and will also be mailed to the School, candidate and parent/guardian email address.
12. Print this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed by the school principal.
13. The confirmation slip will be required for admitting candidates at the examination venue.
Click here to Download The Cowbellpedia Manual Registration Form.
All candidates should please note that upon successful registration for the Cowbellpedia exams, a confirmation slip will be sent to the school’s email and will also be available for download on the portal.
Each candidate is required to bring along to the examination centre a copy of this confirmation slip, duly signed by the school principal.
Cowbellpedia General Rules and Regulations
1. Dear Students, Teachers and Parents, please note that the first stage qualifying exams for this year’sCowbellpedia will take place in all states including the FCT – Abuja (excluding Rivers State) on a date and time to be announced soon. Accreditation of students starts by 8:00am.
2. Late comers will not be allowed to write the examination.
3. Candidates are to come along with only a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
4. Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
5. All candidates MUST be in their School Uniform.
6. Please refer to examination center list to check for the center nearest you.
7. The competition is ONLY open to Students in JSS 3 and SSS 2. Candidates in any other Grade/Class will be disqualified.
8. The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination.
- Candidates are advised to check their results online at www.cowbellpedia.ng
- We strongly recommend that students sit for the examination at centers nearest to them.
- Results can also be obtained from respective NECO State offices, State Ministries of Education and Promasidor Nigeria Ltd Offices nationwide.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for the second stage of the Quiz competition.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anyone regarding the conduct of this examination
- The Second Stage of the examination would be in an exciting TV Quiz format – Quarter-finals, Semi- finals and finals.
Cowbellpedia Examination Date and Rules
- The First stage examination will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on a date to be announced soon. However, accreditation of all candidates begins at 8:00am.
- Candidates must come to their designated examination centres with their Registration Forms.
- Late comers will not be allowed to write the examination.
- Candidates are to come along with only a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- All candidates MUST be in their School Uniform
- Click here to view the list of Cowbellpedia Examination Centres and to confirm the location of the centre nearest to you.
Online Registration started on 22nd October, 2017 and will end 11th February, 2018.
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is sponsored and facilitated by Promasidor Nigeria Ltd with the support of the National Examinations Council (NECO) and Federal and State Ministries of Education.
Visit the Cowbellpedia official webpage