The Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee at the Supreme Court has elevated three professors along with 35 Nigerian lawyers as Senior Advocate of Nigeria.
The committee named the new senior lawyers at its 138th meeting which held on Thursday, 4th July.
EduCeleb.com reports that the body meets annually to promote lawyers to the highly-coveted status that often confers special privileges to holders, including prioritised call of their cases.
Among the new senior lawyers, whose promotion would be confirmed in September, include Professor Alphonsus Oko Alubo, Professor Mamman Lawan and Professor Uchefula Ugonna Chukwumaeze.
Among the lawyers named were Nigeria’s solicitor-general, Dayo Apata, and rights activist, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa.
Below is the full list of the new senior advocates:
- ADEDOYIN OYINKAN
- ABDULLAHI HARUNA ESQ.
- MANGA MOHAMMED NURUDDEEN ESQ.
- ADEDAYO TOBA APATA ESQ.
- JOHN ONUEGBULAM ASOLUKA ESQ.
- ADEDOKUN MATTHEW MAKINDE ESQ.
- DANIEL CHUKWUDI ENWELUM ESQ.
- EMMANUEL ADEYEYE OYEBANJI ESQ.
- TUDURU UCHENDU EDE ESQ.
- ABDUL OLAJIDE AJANA ESQ.
- AMA VEMAARR ETUWEWE ESQ.
- OLADIPO ADEKOREDE OLASOPE ESQ.
- LESLIE ARTHUR OLUTAYO NYLANDER ESQ.
- OLUSEGUN OYEDIRAN FOWOWE ESQ.
- ANDREW ESSIEN HUTTON ESQ.
- OLUKAYODE ABAYOMI ENITAN ESQ.
- PAUL HARRIS ADAKOLE OGBOLE ESQ.
- OLANIYI MARUPH OLOPADE ESQ.
- SAMUEL NGOZI
- OLUSEGUN OMONIYI JOLAAWO ESQ.
- PROF. ALPHONSUS OKO ALUBO
- AYO ASALA ESQ.
- ABIODUN ADEDIRAN OLATUNJI ESQ.
- OLUMIDE ANDREW AJU ESQ.
- CHIMEZIE VICTOR CHIKWEM IHEKWEAZU ESQ.
- PROF. MAMMAN LAWAN
- PROF. UCHEFULA UGONNA CHUKWUMAEZE
- EBUN-OLU SAMUEL ADEGBORUWA ESQ.
- USMAN OGWU SULE ESQ.
- SAFIYA UMAR BADAMASI ESQ.
- ECHEZONA CHUKWUDI ETIABA ESQ.
- GODWIN OSEMEAHON OMOAKA ESQ.
- EMEKA ONYEMAECHI OZOANI ESQ.
- ALEXANDER CHUKWUDI EJESIEME ESQ.
- JEPHTHAH CHIKODI NJIKONYE ESQ.
- AIKHUNEGBE ANTHONY MALIK ESQ.
- ALHASSAN AKEJE UMAR ESQ.
- OYETOLA MUYIWA ATOYEBI ESQ.