The ‘Gro Brundtland Award’ offers you an opportunity to meet and discuss with other female researchers in the same field and establish the international connection. It’s a great chance to introduce your own research to other international research groups and it promotes future collaborations between institutions.
Five young female scientists, one from Taiwan and four from other developing countries, will be invited to attend the Gro Brundtland Week after their application materials are evaluated. Applicants must:
- Be female
- Hold a research doctorate (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., Sc.D., D.B.A., M.D.)
- Less than 40 years of age
- Be citizens of a developing country or Taiwan
- Do research related to public health & sustainable development
Guides for Applicants
Candidates are required to register and then submit the following documents (in pdf format) online:
- Personal Statement: Applicants should attach a description of their research work including specific information demonstrating how their work is related to the sustainable development & public health, particularly noting how it contributes to their own country. Maximum length is 1500 words (about 3 pages of single spaced type) plus literature citations.
- Curriculum Vitae: Please list publications and graduate coursework on research methodology or experience relevant to the main themes of the Gro Brundtland Week (5 page maximum).
- Letters of Reference: Two reference letters are required; one should be from your department chair. Referees should comment on the applicant’s suitability for the Award, including relevant information on scientific originality, professional productivity, and demonstrated ability to work in groups. You must ask two referees to EMAIL their scanned reference letters (signed, dated and on official headed paper with contact phone number and email address) to the Organizing Committee before the deadline : email@example.com.
Candidates should make sure they abide by the following:
- Please register as a member first. The Online Application Form can be found in your member center.
- After filling in all the information and attach required documents, you can click ‘SAVE’ button to save your information and make any changes as needed in the member center.
- Remember to click ‘SUBMIT’ button to complete the submission procedure. Please note that it is not allowed to make any changes once the application has been submitted.
The ‘Gro Brundtland Award’ is spearheaded by NCKU, Taiwan
November 24, 2017