The Mike Okonkwo Essay Competition was initiated in the year 2004, as part of activities to celebrate the 74th birthday of the Presiding Bishop of TREM, Dr Mike Okonkwo (MFR) and more importantly to contribute to the development of the Educational Sector.
In its 16th edition this year, secondary school students in Nigeria are invited to participate in the competition.
The competition which is one of Dr. Mike Okonkwo’s Corporate Social Responsibility activities, is aimed at raising the standard in the educational sector in the country and at the same time sensitize the students by making them analytically minded so as to excel in their world by developing their ability to think through issues.
- The star winner school gets three sets of desktop computers and a printer, while the student goes home with a trophy, laptop, plaque and a cash gift of N100,000.
- The first runner up school gets two sets of desktop computers and a printer and the student goes home with a cash prize of N75,000 and a plaque.
- The second runner up school gets a desktop computer, while the student gets a plaque and a cash prize of N50,000.
The topic for this year’s competition is “Justice as an Instrument of Enduring Peace in Nation Building”.
The entrants are expected to be currently students in secondary schools anywhere in Nigeria.
Guide for Participants
- Write an essay on the above stated topic in a maximum of 2000 words,
- Submit the essay with a passport photograph of the student, full name, address, contact telephone number, class, school and name and telephone contact of the principal.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Essay to: email@example.com
The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM),
Obanikoro/Anthony-Oke Bus Stop,
7th June, 2019.For information on Press Releases, Photos, Promotional Events and Adverts, Please Call or Send a Text to 09052129258, 08124662170 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org