The University of Lagos Muslim Alumni (UMA) offers scholarships to deserving Muslim students to progress in their postgraduate education.
UMA Scholarship Scheme aims to support suitably qualified prospective Muslim academics in various fields.
Over one hundred and forty awards have been given since 2002. This year’s scheme is termed AWARD OF EXCELLENCE AND MERIT. Selected beneficiaries would be announced at the UMA Pre-Ramadan Lecture day on 13th May, 2018.
Shortlisted beneficiaries would be presented cash prizes as may be determined by the UMA Scholarship committee.
- This year’s Scholarship is available for those pursuing Masters’ and Doctoral studies.
- Applicants have obtained a first class degree or minimum of Second class upper (Honours) at Bachelor’s Level for Masters
- Those considering a Ph.D must possess a CGPA of 3.50- 4.00 on a scale of 5.00 or its equivalent.
- They must be registered students of a recognized University, preferably UNILAG.
- Registered students in other schools may also be considered but priority is for those in UNILAG
- They must be Muslim
- They must be able to present a progress report (for PhD programme) at point of application
- They must be available for screening and selection interview as at when due.
Guide for Applicants
Submit the following required documents via the UMA email address, email@example.com.
- Application letter
- Scanned passport photograph
- Scanned Credentials (Certificates ; B.Sc. for Masters and Both B.Sc. and Masters’ for Ph.D.)
- Scanned progress report (PhD programme)
- Any other document to fortify your application.
Send the scanned documents together with application letter to the email address in PDF format ONLY.
Please, be advised that soliciting is prohibited.
1. Application must be completed not later than 16th April, 2018.
2. Selection process will be conducted 22nd and 29th April 2018
3. Selection results will be Announced on 13th May 2018 (UMA Pre-Ramadan Lecture day)
16th April, 2018
Send an email to. firstname.lastname@example.org or call any of 07066366644, 08051095017, 09037352608. You may also reach the Chairman UMA Scholarship Committee on 08056253631.For information on Press Releases, Photos, Promotional Events and Adverts, Please Call or Send a Text to 09052129258, 08124662170 or send an email to: email@example.com