The Daria Workshop Series is a training platform for budding journalists; helping them to connect to the reality of journalism practice, clear out illusions and identify their unique niche and place in the continued existence of their field of endeavor.
The purpose of the workshop is that of a connector or a bridge from the surrealistic classroom career fervor to the real, demanding and definitely more exciting practice of the profession; to help them understand the ethics of the profession and the judicious applicability of these ethics even in a changing less ethical clime.
The workshop will also be exposing participants to the futuristic paradigm evolvement of the practice of journalism as a whole and helping them to not only accept these changes but also to be part of headlining these changes; pivots on an inevitably turning wheel.
Free attendance and enhancement of skills in journalism
- Applicant must be a student of Mass Communication or its equivalent variant in participating school.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age
- Applicant must complete application before the close of application, November 20th , 2017.
- Applicant must not have any relationship with any member of the organizing committee.
- Eligibility: The candidate must fulfill all eligibility requirements.
- Academic Excellence: The candidate must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5. that is verifiable by a letter from the candidate’s course advisor .
- Application Essay: The candidate must submit an essay of not more than 500 words on the subject matter “Futuristic Journalism and My Role in it”, while the subject matter must be apparent, candidate is free to creatively title and present essay.
Guides for Applicants
- Application is to be done online.
- You are to choose one of the three centres available in Kano, Lagos and Uyo for the workshop.
- Apply as soon as possible for the Application Portal will accept only a minimum preset number of applications and thus the first come first served principle will apply.
- Selected participants would be contacted by the organisers by 1st December, 2017.
Daria Media Limited is a media company that is passionate about development and nation building and recognises the critical role the media can play in promoting democracy, good governance and nation building.
14th November, 2017
Visit the Daria Media website