Applications are open for FAMSA General Assembly 2018 Scholarships. The Federation of African Medical Students’ Associations General Assembly (FAMSA GA) is the largest gathering of African Medical Students and professionals anywhere in the world. Fortunately, the 32nd General Assembly coincides with the 50th anniversary of the federation and is expected to have delegates from not just the African continent but also from all over the world, in attendance.
About 1,500 delegates including high-profile speakers, policy makers, and global healthcare experts from all over the world are expected to gather together in the city of Ibadan, Nigeria from November 18th to 24th, 2018 under the theme: Repositioning Healthcare in Africa for Sustainable Development.
FAMSA GA 2018 will bring together young vibrant minds as well as professionals and relevant stakeholders in both the public and private sectors from across Africa and beyond to discuss ideas and initiate steps to position Africa on the path to sustainable development in health and by extension in every other sphere of human development. The conference will feature keynote addresses, plenary sessions, workshops, trainings, hackathon sessions, and scientific presentations on carefully selected sub-themes all related and contributory to our goal of repositioning healthcare in Africa for Sustainable Development.
The scholarship will cover the following of the conference:
- Registration Fees
- Pre & Post Conference Transport
- Must have submitted or will be submitting an abstract to be presented at the conference (Information about abstract submission guidelines can be found here).
- Must be a citizen, resident in or schooling in a Low-and Middle-Income Country (LMIC)- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Guide for Applicants
- Complete the online registration here .
- State why you should be considered for the scholarship to attend this conference.
Deadline for Applications
20th October, 2018
Visit the organiser’s websiteFor information on Press Releases, Photos, Promotional Events and Adverts, Please Call or Send a Text to 09052129258, 08124662170 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org