Interested in helping to save the planet? Interested in helping to save the environment ? Are you passionate about climate change? Can you teach secondary school student in Oyo state on how they can save their environment? Can you give out 2 – 3 hrs per week for a month to educate secondary school students about they can save their environment and reduce impact on climate change?
If all your responses to these questions are YES, then this call for application is right for you ! This is a chance to serve your community ; time to get engaged is now. Now is the time to boost your CV through community service work
CleanEdge Solutions in collaboration with her partners is seeking for volunteers in all the Thirty – three ( 33 ) local government of Oyo state from 19 of October 2017 to 17 of November 2017. This is the last call for volunteers in Oyo State and you will be selected based on the quality of your application.
Why Environmental Education
Ibadan, Oyo State capital rightly be acclaimed as the second most developed city in south western Nigeria after Lagos but unfortunately, the state of hygiene seen around the city can be termed as worrisome . The city is the largest capital in Nigeria and it was the fastest growing city in Nigeria as at the time of independence. Despite the development the city has seen over the years, good hygiene and efficient waste management is still hard to come by . It is to this end CleanEdge as one of its mandate has decided to take “ safe the environment” campaign to secondary schools in the state as it is believed that the knowledge about environment will reduce the quantity of waste generated . With this initiative, CleanEdge Solutions hope to reach over 200 schools by November ending.
October 6 , 2017
Volunteers get the chance of a lifetime to open doors to opportunities, ability to network with Businesses , Captain of Industries , Government ; Civil Society Organizations etc. and collaborate with other young people who are excelling both locally and internationally. You additionally get noticed at all levels (Online and Offline) , will be able to request for recommendation letter to attend local and international conferences , and apply for visa . Volunteers will also get the chance to attend our networking events (such as with YALI RLC Fellow , Mandela Washington Fellow, Federal and State Ministry of Environment , Ambassadors to United Nations and many more ), apply for job openings at CleanEdge Solutions and a Certificate of Service will be presented to you as you finish your service. This is a non – paid opportunity.
- Young people between 18 – 40 yrs
- Reside in Oyo State or can participate in Oyo State
- Passionate about environment , climate change, education and sustainable development goals (SDGs ) as a whole
Guides for Applicants
The volunteer’ s role is to educate secondary school student in the state on harmful activities affecting the environment, how it can be controlled and how these activities impact climate change and affect our lives. Volunteers will function in four different categories :
- Team Leader: who is to lead the team to the school that will be visited , to be assisted by the assistant team leader . The team leader is expected to come up with the school that will be visited . The team leader is expected to report how activities go in their LGA to us.
- Assistant Team Leader: to assist the team leader and support the team .
- Media Officer: responsible for taking activities to social media as it happens in their school
- General Secretary whose role is to document activities and provide report to the team leader
- In overall , an LGA would have a maximum of 8 volunteers, 2 for each category. An LGA will have two different teams visiting different schools and a team is expected to visit 4 different schools within this period
- Through the Program , Volunteers will be required to sort out schools to visit as we will give the methods through which occasions will be sorted out by a Team in an LGA . This campaign is targeted at both private and public schools in the state and should take 1 – 2 hrs per day per week.
- Particular parts and obligations of volunteers will further be communicated to them after selection.
- All necessities will be provided by CleanEdge solutions team
- To apply, click here
CleanEdge is a hybrid social enterprise dedicated to changing the harmful habits that affect the way we make , dispose of and think about waste. We conduct waste audits, waste education, build waste house and specialize in waste related communication strategies , branding and designing innovative marketing campaigns which engage all stakeholders and encourage citizenship participation. We’re the gateway to the 3 Rs of waste management; Reduce , Reuse and Recycle . We want to cultivate a sustainable society by delivering innovative, effective and educational programs that result in positive environmental change and in the long run, we want to contribute to greener economy ; this means a healthier environment, meaningful jobs with livable wages, and a more equitable society for all.
Send an email to email@example.com or call : +2347032620568 , +2348163614218