The Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship is awarded annually to an outstanding international student from an African country. Eligible recipients will be full-time students proceeding from one year to another in any programme of study at Carleton University.
The award was endowed in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President. Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
Eligible recipients will be full-time students proceeding from one year to another in any program of study at Carleton University. Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for the 2017/2018 academic year for two awardees. Applicants who are short-listed, but not selected for the Richard Van Loon Scholar-ship, may be considered as potential candidates for the African Student Association Bursary.
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- You must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
Guides for Applicants
- Please complete all 5 sections of the application form.
- Enclose with your application an essay (500-600 words) on the topic provided.
- Enclose with your application a sealed recommendation from an academic referee.
- Enclose with your application proof of citizenship and a copy of your study permit for Canada.
- Once complete, please deliver your application package to the Awards Office.
15th November, 2017